Friday, March 19, 2010

The Introduction

Did you ever play the game "Mother May I?" as a child with your siblings or friends? If you've ever told your sibling or friend no they couldn't take two steps forward and just for the hell of it told them to take four steps backward, this blog may be for you. Even at a young age you realized that every single time your mother allowed you to take two steps forward she would just end the day with a violent shove that sent you back four steps.

I'm just curious. Did you ever play "Father May I?"? Sorry, that was a silly question. Of course you didn't! Because your father was an even bigger pussy than your five-year-old scared self. All he did was sit in his goddamn recliner, sip coffee and ignore life and reality while your mother beat the living shit out of you.

This blog is for me, it's for Taim (The Asshole I Married) and it's for every one of you who struggles to understand why your mother couldn't or didn't love you and why your father couldn't have just divorced the bitch and stole you away to the white, sandy beaches of the Caribbean.

Welcome.

Read.

Comment or e-mail me with your stories.

Feel free to use your real name or a made-up one. I understand. Taim understands. Isn't it great to finally have someone who understands instead of telling you that you're full of shit or that you need to write a letter to your mother and tell her exactly how much she fucked you up?

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Mine was more like Step-Father May I. He pretty much made it clear that I was a nuisance. For as long as I can remember.

    I didn't realize my mother didn't and would never love me until last year. Or, rather, I think I knew for a while, but didn't want to admit it. I was looking over my old blog posts to see if there were any spam comments. In December of 2008 I had a blog post that said something to the effect of My best Christmas present was the year when my step-dad bought my mom a ticket so she could come out and see me.

    Really?

    What the fuck was I thinking?

    My mom never did show love to us kids. Of course her mom beat the shit of of her. At least she didn't do that. She let my step-dad do that to me instead.

    I struggle everyday to show my love to my children. Unfortunately, I am my mother's daughter. I act so much like her, it makes me hate myself.

    The only difference is that I LOVE my kids. I do. I just don't always find the right way to show them. And I'm quick to yell and scream like a mad woman.

    I'm working on all this. Love the new blog!! Keep up the good work. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny that you were excited about your mom's visit. I remember instances like that in my life and when I look back on I think the same thing.

    I've started believing that if you acknowledge these things from your past and accept them instead of tricking yourself into believing the things abusive parents taught and showed you that you can break the cycle. By even being able to love your kids, you're already breaking the cycle.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and vent. You know you want to.